As you are aware, in the current economic climate there are numerous job applicants for each of the positions we have on our database. Due to the exceptionally high proportion of candidates applying for these positions we may not always be as successful securing as many job offers as we were able to last year.
However I would like to inform you that we have a strong long-term partnership with The APA Consultancy (APA) and have negotiated preferential rates for our candidates. APA are consultants in Business Psychology including Outplacement and Careers Counselling.
Choices about your occupation may have more impact on your life than any other decision you make. Knowing objectively what would best suit your personality and interests could not only radically change your chosen career path but will help you target only the most appropriate positions and encourage a number of different jobhunting strategies.
To make these critical decisions you need to be well informed and APA specialise in helping individuals identify the right career by assessing and analysing patterns of interests, motivations and attitudes on a wide range of fundamental factors that have perhaps not previously been objectively considered.
APA may suggest you complete a comprehensive and detailed vocational guidance inventory, featuring over 300 questions. The results will enable APA to assess what you need, what you want and what you're looking for from your career.
The next step is to have a conversation with APA in order to discuss more about your situation, your experience, your goals, your hopes and your ambitions.
The APA Consultancy will identify:
Career solutions based on your current situation, goals, hopes and ambitions
What motivates you
- A range of different work environments that will best suit your interests and preferences
- The types of people you might enjoy being with and working with
- Your preferences from a wide range of specific activities e.g. managing or supervising others, instructing people, analysing data for decision making, working in structured settings, persuading or influencing people, selling to potential customers, working outdoors etc.
- Specific and further related occupations that should particularly suit your interests
- A number of innovative and exciting job hunting strategies
- How your orientation towards risk taking and leadership style might affect your career options
- Occupational possibilities that you may never have thought of previously
This will support you to
- Choose a career
- Increase your job satisfaction
- Make a career change
- Find a work environment that will suit you
- Choose further appropriate education or training
- Find a balance between work and leisure activities
For further details please contact David Taylor at The APA Consultancy quoting reference CH199/SR.
[T]: 020 8452 7836